Monday, June 7, 2010

Baby Dress Out of My Old Skirt

Pin It
I have heard of people making baby clothes out of their old clothes.  I decided to try and make my daughter, Claire, a dress out of one of my old skirts. Here is what I did:


Here is my old skirt before I cut it up:
I then measured the length that I wanted the bottom of the dress to be and cut off the extra.
This skirt had two layers, the top layer is sheer and the bottom layer is a cute salmon colored fabric.

Using a dress of Claire's, I traced the pieces I would need for the top of her dress.

I bought some green fabric and sewed it around the neckline.
Then I sewed the top pieces together - making sure to leave arm holes an the bottom open.  I did a gather on the top of the "skirt" part of the dress.  I then sewed the top and bottom pieces together and added some ribbon to the bottom.  This is the finished product:
 And here is Claire modeling it for you:
For my first attempt at doing this, I think it turned out pretty well.  I can't wait to make another one!If you have any questions about how to do this, please ask!

0 comments:

Post a Comment