Monday, December 20, 2010

Fabric Flowers

Pin It I've seen all sorts of tutorial about how to make darling flowers.  I just HAD to make some of my own.  I had some fabric lying around the house that was perfect.  You want to use a fabric that will curl easily when heated like: nylon organza, polyester, satin, lining fabric, etc.

What you need:
- Fabric
- Lighter or Candle
- Tweezers or something similar to hold the fabric so you don't get burned
- Needle and Thread or hot glue gun

Here's what you do:
- Cut out different sized circles - I didn't do perfect circles - it's easier and looks better in my opinion

-  Carefully melt the outside of the fabric with a candle or lighter - use tweezers or something to hold the fabric so you don't burn yourself!
- Assembly your pieces of fabric from biggest to smallest.  Attach all the layers with hot glue or with a needle and thread.

Here are some other flowers I have made:

You can add beads to the center for a little something extra :)



1 comment: