Monday, May 14, 2012

Brownie Fruit Pizza

Pin It


For Mother's Day I wanted to make my mom a special dessert.  I thought a fruit pizza would be delicious, and then I was told that they had fruit pizza two weeks ago.  So it was back to the drawing board.  I wanted to do something with fresh fruit and possibly chocolate.  I considered doing molten chocolate cakes, but changed my mind because we wouldn't really want a warm dessert on a warm day.  Then it came to me.....fruit pizza with a brownie crust rather than the cookie dough crust.  Let's just say it was deliciously decedent yet refreshing.  Here's what I did.

I baked 2 packages of Ghiradelli chocolate chunk brownies on a well greased cookie sheet.  You can use any type of brownie mix you want.  You may or may not need to use two packages depending on the amount of brownie mix comes in your box.  You want your cookie sheet filled about 1/2 way or higher, I wouldn't really go thinner than that.  It took 1 hour at 325 for my brownies to bake.

I then spread my cream cheese frosting layer on the cooled brownies.  And layered it with strawberries, raspberries and black berries.
 I warmed up some seedless raspberry jam and drizzled it over the fruit pizza (I put it in a zip lock bag and cut the corner a tad in order to drizzle it because it wasn't thin enough to just use a spoon.
 I then drizzled semi-sweet and white chocolate over the top.  I then put it in the refrigerator until we were ready to serve the dessert.

Here's the recipe - Enjoy!

Brownie Crust
- 2 packages ghirdelli brownie mix (from the Costco box) - You can use whichever type of brownie mix you want.
- Eggs, oil and water that your brownie mix calls for

Cream Cheese Layer
- 2, 8 ounce packages reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. Vanilla

Toppings
- Strawberries
- Raspberries
- Blackberries
- Seedless Raspberry Jam
- Semi-sweet chocolate
- White chocolate

0 comments:

Post a Comment